If this Policy changes in the future, we will post an updated version on our website at www.agregkit.com (the “Website”). We recommend that you check this Website periodically in order to review our current Policy. You can tell if this Policy has changed by checking the effective date that appears at the bottom of this Policy. Depending on the circumstances, we may also decide to send you a notice in other ways in our discretion, such as via email or other contact information you have provided that the Policy was changed. If you continue to use our Products after the Policy changed or notice of the change has been given, you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
1 Information We Collect
When you use our Products, we collect the following types of information
- Account information: When you use our Products you may need to create an account with us. In order to create an account, you will need to provide us with a complete profile: login credentials (which include your username and password), the company name and address, postal address, your name, email address, phone number, fax number, and cellphone number.
- General usage data: When you use our Products we may also collect information about how long you use our Products per regulatory investigation, how long you use our Product in each session, features you use in our Products, and how long you use our Products overall.
- Purchase and Payment Information: While payments made through our Products are processed through a third party, we may collect information to administer, manage, and fulfill the purchases you make. For example, we may collect your name, email address, account information, what is ordered, the date and time of the order, the quantity and price of the order, whether payment was made, method of payment, purchase history, and if you re-ordered.
- Location information: When you create an account with us, we collect your postal address information which may indicate your location.
- Quality assurance and customer service: Your customer service emails with us may be logged, for quality assurance and customer service purposes such as to assist in addressing your inquiries, troubleshooting, training and analytics to identify trends and make improvements to our Products and customer service. As part of the logging of the emails, we will collect information like the identity of the sender of email, the date and time of the email, and the subject and resolution of the issue.
Some of this information would not by itself identify you to us or be personally identifiable and is therefore considered non-personal information. If we combine any such non-personal information with other personal information available to us, the combined information will be treated as personal information in accordance with this Policy.
2 Our Use of Information We Collect
We use the personal information we collect about you:
- to understand and meet your needs and preferences, and/or to provide you with our Products, for example:
- for purposes related to the billing, activation, provision, maintenance, support, trouble shooting, resolving of disputes, deactivation, upgrade, or update of Products;
- to process and fulfill your order, send you emails to confirm your order status and shipment, send you Products or goods you order, and allow you to pay for Products and goods you order;
- to ensure Products are technically functioning as intended and to help identify and troubleshoot issues;
- to fulfill or enforce any agreements or notices we provide and are associated with a particular Product (“Notices”);
- to manage or respond to your inquiries;
- to develop new and enhance existing Products including to communicate with you about them using various means, for example to make available or send to you upgrades or updates, or notices of upgrades or updates of Products;
- to manage and develop our business and operations, for example;
- to detect, monitor, investigate, mitigate or attempt to prevent fraud and technical or security issues or to protect our property;
- to allow for business continuity and disaster recovery operations;
- to enforce our legal rights;
- for statistical purposes;
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements and to respond to emergency situations, for example:
- to respond to court orders, warrants or other lawful requests or legal processes;
- to provide emergency assistance in situations that may threaten the life or physical safety of you or others; or
- for any other purposes for which you have consented, such as those that may be set out in Notices, and other purposes as permitted or required by any applicable law.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in this Policy, we may remove personal identifiers from your information and maintain and use it in a de-identified form that may be combined with other information to generate aggregated information. Such de-identified and/or aggregated information will be deemed to be owned by us and we shall have unrestricted title, rights, and interest to the de-identified and/or aggregated information which may include, without limitation, the right to use, distribute, transmit, transfer, license, trade, rent, share, assign, and sell the de-identified and/or aggregated information. We will retain your personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the identified purposes or as otherwise necessary to comply with applicable laws.
You may update your communication preferences anytime by writing us at email@example.com.
3 To whom we Disclose your Personal Information
In accordance with this Policy, we may share your personal information
- within ATCC;
- with our financial, insurance, legal, accounting or other advisors that provide professional services to us;
- if we have your consent;
- with third parties involved in providing funding to ATCC which may include Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) and Ontario Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA);
- with third parties involved in sponsoring and/or providing our Products to you which may include Bioenterprise Corporation, Soy 20/20 Corporation and Ontario Agri- Food Technologies Corporation, or payment processors;
- and any and all information about your use of the Products with your employer or its agents if your employer has provided you with access to the Products;
- as necessary to complete any transactions while using our Products;
- respond to a subpoena, order, legal process, or government request;
- protect, establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- investigate, detect, suppress, prevent or take action regarding illegal or prohibited activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the reputation or physical safety of any person;
- as otherwise required by law, for example pursuant to an access to information request; or
- if we are to be sold, merged, or amalgamated or substantially all of its assets are to be sold or disposed of, your personal information may be transferred to a potential purchaser if, and to the extent necessary, it is required for the purposes of deciding whether to proceed with the proposed transaction and completing it. If such a sale, merger, acquisition, or disposal is completed, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use personal information you have provided to us in a manner that is consistent with this Policy. Following such a sale or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
4 Your Decisions About Your Personal Information
At any time you can contact us to: stop receiving emails from us; review the personal information held by us in connection with your account; withdraw your consent for our use and disclosure of your information; request a list of third parties to which we may have provided your personal information; close your account; and amend your personal information, by writing to us at ATCC, Suite 200, 120 Research Lane, Guelph ON N1O 0B4. You can always unsubscribe from receiving promotional emails from us by simply clicking the “unsubscribe” link provided at the bottom of every promotional email from us. If you contact us to do any of the things listed above, we may require you to provide sufficient personal information to allow us to identify you and tell you about the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information and this personal information will only be used for this purpose. If you contact us about your personal information, we will respond to your request within a reasonable time and at minimal cost or no cost to you in accordance with applicable laws.
Generally, you may withdraw at any time your consent for us to collect, use, and disclose your personal information in accordance with this Policy, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. As such, we may continue to collect, use, and disclose your personal information as may be required to provide you with our Products, and to the extent that we are contractually obligated to do so or as necessary to enforce any contractual obligations you may have with us. If you refuse to provide us with the information we require or later contact us to withdraw your consent for us to use and disclose your personal information, we may no longer be able to provide you with our Products.
We aim to provide you with a safe experience. We have in place certain physical, technical, and administrative safeguards designed to appropriately protect the security and privacy of your personal information against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. Please note, however, that we cannot guarantee that the measures we maintain will guarantee the security of the information.
We limit access to your personal information within ATCC to individuals with a need to know.
6 Links to Other Sites
7 Children’s Online Privacy Protection
The Website and Products are not intended for use by children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or use any personal information from any children under 13 years of age. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will make commercially reasonably efforts to delete such personal information from our database.
8 Questions or Comments
If you have any questions or comments or wish to make a complaint about this Policy, please feel free to contact us by delivery in person, by courier, or by mail, to us at ATCC, Suite 200, 120 Research Lane, Guelph ON N1O 0B4, or by calling us at 519-821-2960. Or toll free 1-866-464 4524 If you contact us about your personal information, we will respond to your request within a reasonable time and at minimal cost or no cost to you in accordance with applicable laws. Depending on the circumstances and applicable laws, we may refuse to process certain access requests (for example, access requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, would be extremely impractical or require disproportionate technical effort).
Effective Date: 2016-10-26